I don’t have kids (yet) but sometimes I wish I would so I could DIY cute kids furniture and toys for them all day long. Apparently, and according to my partner, it’s not an argument good enough to become parents (#nonsense). Anyway, when I found those clever hacks of the Billy bookcase from Ikea I thought I would still share them with you.
There are many ways to hack the Ikea Billy bookcase for your kids, from a dollhouse to a closet or even a DIY kid’s open wardrobe.
I’m totally fond of the first one, the DIY fire station hack of the Billy bookcase from Limmaland blog. It’s super easy to DIY and a little boy or girl, I’m a fierce advocate for gender neutral education.
Another adorable hack of the Ikea bookcase is the DIY kids dressing painted in turquoise. It’s quite simple to create at home and the result is just great, don’t you think ?
1. The DIY fire station with the Billy bookcase by Limmaland
2. A DIY dollhouse with an Ikea Billy bookcase by Wooninspiratie
3. Ikea Billy bookcase hack : industrial kids shelf by Grillo Designs
4. Turn your Ikea Billy bookcase into a mini mudroom by The Shabby Creek Cottage
5. The DIY dress up closet with the Ikea Billy bookcase by Rain on a Tin Roof
6. DIY dollhouse with the Ikea Billy bookcase by The DIY Village