I love Christmas, and what I love even more (after getting presents) is creating my own Christmas decoration and ornaments ! Creation possibilities are endless and today we would like to share with you our new DIY project : The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath !
We had in mind a colorful yet simple wreath with autumnal hues for Christmas. And to be honest, we are quite happy with the result. This wreath is really simple but perfect to add a personal touch to your interior decor during the festivities. You can, of course, adapt the color palette to your own home decor ! This DIY Christmas wreath is quite minimalist, so to get a harmonious result, we advise you to limit your choice to three colors of yarns maximum.
DIY Video : The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath
Please watch this video tutorial created especially for you to help you make your own DIY pom pom and felt Christmas wreath. Check it out and if you need additional explanations, have a look to the step by step project below !
The pom pom and felt Christmas wreath step by step
Now, let’s have a look at every step of the DIY wreath project.
To make your DIY pom pom and felt flowers Christmas wreath, you will need the following supplies.
1. Embroidery hoop
2. Some felt from any color of your choosing
3. Small pine cones
4. Cardboard disk (to make Pom Pom)
5. Yarn of different colors and textures
7. Glue gun
Step by step
You have all your supplies ready ? Let’s go and make this beautiful and stylish DIY om pom wreath !
1. Wrap your yarn all over your cardboard.
2. Slide your scissors in between the two cardboard circle layers and cut the yarn wrapped around the top (hold tightly so you don’t loose yarn).
3. Slide a piece of yarn and tie tightly.
4. Give the pom pom a little haircut to make it fluffy.
5. Take your circle of felt and cut it into a spiral.
6. Roll it, starting from the inside and glue the bottom.
7. Tie your Pom Pom (tightly) to the hoop.
6. Glue the felt flowers and the pine cones on the hoop.
Thanks, guys for following us and Merry Christmas !