In a few days, the official countdown before Christmas will start. This time is absolutely my favorite part of the year. Festive lights, Christmas songs, beautiful Christmas trees are out and you’re about to plan the festivities.
Today, I would like to share with you a new DIY Project : the advent calendar candle. We have been inspired by the lovely red glasses candles found at H&M Home and decided to hack it for Christmas. Let’s have a look !
DIY Video : The advent calendar candle
First, I have created for you this video to help you make your own DIY advent calendar candle. Check it out and if you need additional explanations, you can find the step by step project below.
The DIY advent calendar candle step by step
Now, let’s have a look at every step of this DIY project.
To make your DIY advent calendar candle, you will need the following supplies.
1. Candle making soy wax
2. Printable Advent calendar tag
3. Candle wicks
4. Wooden clothespin
5. Fragrance oil
6. Heat proof container (the container we used is an H&M Home recovered one)
7. Wooden stick
Step by step
You have all your supplies ready ? Let’s go and make this beautiful DIY advent calendar candle !
1. Set the wick into your container and secure it with the clothespin.
2. Melt the wax into a double boiler.
3. When your wax is melted, add your fragrance oil.
4. Pour the wax into your container and let it set for 3 hours.
5. Cut the wick with your scissors.
6. Stick the label on your container.
Now it’s done, you just have to check each day before Christmas on the tag and light the candle to scent your home with a pleasant Christmas fragrance.
Thanks guys for following us and have a lovely festive season !